Learn English "Adjectives  to Describe the Weather"

English lessons "Adjectives weather"

English people love to talk about the weather. Here are some general questions and answers about the weather. 

  • What’s the weather like?’ ‘It’s very sunny.
  • It’s stormy. Let’s cancel the trip.
  • Shall we go out then?’ ‘Yes, why not?
  • It’s cloudy. I think it’s going to rain. Don’t forget to take an umbrella before you go out.
  • It’s windy. I don’t think we should go out.
  •  The weather is fine.
  •  It’s raining. We can’t go out now.
  • It’s snowing. Don’t go out. You’ll catch a cold.
  •  I think the fog will soon clear up.
  •  What awful weather we are having!’‘Yeah. It is ridiculously hot.
  • What a nice day! 
  • The sun is shining. You can’t find even a cloud in the sky. 
  • We’d a lot of rain yesterday. 
  • We didn’t get much rain this year.
  • We haven’t had any rain in months. I’m afraid that a drought is going to set in.

Shots conversation about "weather"

A: It doesn't look very nice outside today. 

B: You're right. I think it's going to rain later. 

 A: In the middle of the summer, it shouldn't be raining. 

B: That wouldn't seem right.  

A: Considering that it's over ninety degrees outside, that would be weird.  

B: Exactly, it wouldn't be nice if it started raining. It's too hot.  

A: I know, you're absolutely right.

B: I wish it would cool off one day.

A: That's how I feel, I want winter to come soon.  

B: I enjoy the winter, but it gets really cold sometimes. 

A: I know what you mean, but I'd rather be cold than hot. 

B: That's exactly how I feel.


Exercise: 

   Choose the correct answer : 

Thich / Heavy / Biting / Blazing / Dense /

 1. .......................... rain caused flooding in many areas.

2. It's very cold this winter, the ice of the lake is so.........  that you can skate on it.

3. You should take a heavy coat, there is a...........  wind today.

4. It's not possible to stay outside in the...........  sun.

5. You can't see anything in this.............  fog, you should drive very slowly. 

Put the answer in a comment and thank you.